1. Marriage is the sacred union between one man and one woman and God’s intention is for marriage to last a lifetime.
2. Divorce is not always sinful.
3. Divorce is permitted, but not required, on the ground of sexual immorality.
4. Divorce is permitted, but not required, on the ground of desertion by an unbelieving spouse.
5. When the divorce was not permissible, any subsequent remarriage results in adultery.
6. In situations where the divorce was permissible, remarriage is also permissible.
7. Improperly divorced and remarried Christians should stay as they are, but repent and be forgiven of their past sins and make whatever amends are necessary.
* This points are from Kevin DeYoung’s brilliant paper: “What did Jesus think of divorce and remarriage” (http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevindeyoung/2010/11/03/a-sermon-on-divorce-and-remarriage/)